Our flagship offering, Eleven Experience Lodges are full-service travel experiences set in one-of- a-kind locations with world-class accommodations.
Ideally suited for the core adventure enthusiast, Eleven Adventure Lodges are remote hideouts with premium accommodations that offer unparalleled experiences.
Privately Owned Residences, Vetted and Approved by Eleven Experience
Our carefully curated selection of privately owned residences are available for longer term rentals and comply with all local rental regulations. Eleven Experience has coordinated with a select group of third-party private owners to offer this unique collection of properties that are only available as full home rentals. These properties are unstaffed, and do not include additional guided adventures and culinary services. Although, if you are interested in additional services, we would be happy to help coordinate these for you with local experts.
Sopris House is full of history and character, just like the town of Crested Butte. The original 1882 building infamously became the Spritzer Bar, a saloon bought by Martin Spritzer in 1924 and operated by Slovenian immigrants. The intimate, four-bedroom home still has its original tin ceiling and mountain town touches like a massive buffalo head in the dining room and a private saloon.
The impeccable yet comfortable interiors provide a beautiful venue for any event. Eleven’s close attention to detail and high level of service will ensure that your day is perfect. Sopris House is available for rent either as a standalone property or in combination with Scarp Ridge Lodge, which is located next door.
About the Venue
Venue space includes exclusive use of Sopris House for ceremony and reception. Sopris House features a beautiful and private courtyard, perfect for an intimate celebration.
Sopris House can accommodate:
–25 guests maximum for sit down dinner
-50 guests maximum for cocktail and standing reception
VENUE FEE: $3,000
A minimum of a two night property buyout is required to host your wedding at Sopris House. Buyout prices are exclusive of the venue fee and dependent upon the season and number of guests. Please inquire with our sales team to learn more about starting at rates for having your wedding at Sopris House.
VENUE RENTAL INCLUSIONS
- Use of indoor common areas for reception, cocktail hour, and ceremony in addition to the patio and private saloon
- Furniture removal in the kitchen, bar, and living room. Furniture can be rearranged or removed (except the dining room and game tables) with prior consent from our Lodge Manager.
- Event set-up and breakdown time.
- Access to event bathrooms with attendants available for upkeep during the event. Each bathroom is equipped with amenity baskets and aesop hand balm and soap.
Please Note: Day-of wedding coordinator services are mandatory and pre-event planning services are highly recommended. We are happy to recommend a local planner that can assist with your event.
Sopris House does not have a liquor license, therefore all alcohol must be purchased directly by you or through a Third-Party Vendor. You are required to hire a third-party bartending service if they are serving alcohol at Sopris House, and the third-party bartending service is responsible for their own bar equipment and mixers. Please inquire about preferred vendors.
Staying at the Lodge
Sopris House is conveniently located two blocks from Crested Butte’s main thoroughfare, Elk Avenue. Just a short walk to the many restaurants, bars and shops, the lodge serves as the perfect basecamp for any event.
The property offers a combination of four bedrooms with amazing amenities, such as an outdoor sauna and hot tub, private bar, log-fire lounge, courtyard, fire pit, and media room. The beautifully appointed lodge is an ideal accommodation for family and/or wedding party.
- A two-night full buyout minimum is required for all events. This is to include, but not limited to, the night before and the night of your event. Please inquire with sales for your dates. Sopris House can accommodate up to eight guests.
- Breakfast and daily housekeeping are included in your stay for guests staying at the property overnight only.
MUSIC & CLOSING TIME
Music must end by 10:00pm at Sopris House due to Crested Butte’s town-wide noise ordinance. All event guests not staying at Sopris House must depart by 11:00pm. Guests are welcome to go to bars in town, but outside congregation after the event is prohibited.
A member of our event team will be available throughout the planning process in conjunction with your outside event planner. Sixty days prior to arrival, a member will work with you to customize your stay in detail. We require that you hire an event planner and event staff in order to host an event. This team will be responsible for ensuring all details are executed and provide any event support on the ground. Our team will be on-site throughout your stay to ensure your trip is incredible. At the time of the event, the Lodge Manager will be there to support the property and make sure it is operating to standard and a bathroom attendant will keep all bathroom areas tidy. Any prearranged furniture removal will be executed by our team at the beginning and end of the event.
Decorations, displays, and signage brought into the properties must be approved prior to arrival. These items may not be attached to any wall, floor, window, or ceiling with any damaging material without the supervision of the Lodge Manager. All guest favors/decorations must be placed by an insured vendor and removed upon the event’s conclusion.
Our staff is available to rearrange the furniture with the exception of the dining room tables, but this must be prearranged prior to the event weekend. The Lodge Manager will be on site to assist with any small, last minute requests.
We will have two bathrooms available for the event in Sopris House. Use of the guest room bathrooms by event attendees is prohibited during the event unless it is the occupant of the room.
Eleven Experience is not responsible for any items that are broken, lost or stolen that are brought onto any Eleven properties.
Your event fee covers one event; it does not include additional events such as a welcome party, rehearsal dinner or post-wedding brunch. Please let us know if you would like to host more than one event at Sopris House, and we will gladly discuss options and pricing with you.
For guests not staying on the property, any food or beverages consumed by and/or amenities used outside of the framework of the event will be added to the final event invoice. If people beyond those staying at Sopris House congregate at the property for an extended period of time without notification, you are subject to an additional event fee. Please arrange for additional gatherings as well as additional guests staying on the property in advance.
DEPOSITS, INVOICES AND GRATUITY
We require a 50% deposit of your Estimated Event Total to confirm your date. Your Estimated Event Total will include your quoted lodging and venue fee. We will collect the outstanding 50% of your estimated budget 30 days prior to your event. Final guest count is required 30 days prior to the event. We will issue a final invoice within 30 days after the event.
We will create a separate invoice for all lodging and accommodation incidentals. You will have the option to add lodging gratuity to your final invoice. This final invoice will include incidentals, refund of damage deposit (if applicable).
The deposits and payments outlined in the table below are due as indicated. Deposits and payments will be applied to your master account in the form of credits.
|Confirmation Date||50% Deposit||Credit Card/ Check||50% Deposit of your Estimated Event total; includes lodging & venue fees|
|30 days before
|Remaining Fee||Credit Card/ Check||Outstanding estimated budget 30 days prior to your event|
|30 days before event||Final Invoice||Credit Card/ Check||Final guest count is required, final invoice for incidentals, refund of damage deposit|
- Cancellations made outside of 90 days of arrival date: 100% of deposit will be forfeited OR may be used to secure a trip within 240 days of original arrival date pending availability and possible price increases.
- Guest cancellation made within 90 days of event date: 100% of quoted invoice total will be forfeited.
- Eleven upholds our cancellation policy and thus highly recommends that guests purchase trip/event insurance to protect themselves from unforeseen complications.
VENUE RENTAL EXCLUSIONS
Some exclusions can be arranged through Eleven with prior notice for an additional fee.
- Wedding planning services: Day-of coordinator services are required and pre-event planning services are highly recommended. Eleven does not provide these services
- All rentals, including but not limited to: furniture, linens, glassware, flatware, dinnerware, and serving pieces
- Food — All catering must be arranged by an outside caterer
- Beverage — Sopris House does not have a liquor license, and as a result, Eleven Experience is unable to provide a bar program for your event. Guests are allowed to use an outside bar service or stock the bar themselves. We strongly suggest guests hire an outside bartender to help serve at the event
- Event florals
- Decorations, displays, rentals, and party favors
- DJ and band and AV Equipment
- Event transportation
- Use of sauna, hot tub, cold plunge, or guest rooms during the event
- Parking is free on the roads in town, more parking can be arranged for an additional charge
- Coat check