Eleven Life at Deplar Farm
Join us at Deplar Farm for a wellness experience offering a customized program that incorporates elements of spa therapies, nutrition, gains and challenges, outdoor adventures and functional fitness.
About the property
It doesn’t get more off-the-grid than the Fljót Valley on the mountainous Troll Peninsula in northern Iceland. This remote area is a gateway for adventures ranging from skiing to sea kayaking and the perfect location for viewing the Aurora Borealis due to its notable lack of artificial light. Located on a converted sheep farm, Deplar Farm blends into the natural landscape with its black timber cladding and living roof. Floor-to-ceiling windows throughout the property embrace the surrounding peaks and allow for an optimal perspective on the colorful skies dancing outside. Our winter season, from November through mid-March, may be short on sunlight, but days are still packed with adventures, like whale watching in the surrounding fjords, astro-touring the celestial events in our backyard, and fat biking groomed trails around the valley.
Back at the lodge, many guests choose to spend entire days in our spa, hopping from the geothermal-heated indoor/outdoor pool to our Isopod flotation tanks and outdoor Viking sauna. And this time of year, our pool provides front-row seats to view the ghostly Northern Lights.
In Iceland, sheep outnumber humans by more than 2:1. Although this is true, this does not suppress the importance we put on the health and safety of our guests and employees. Deplar Farm is intimate in size and freestanding by design and is designed to get our guests out to explore the abundant and breathtaking landscapes that surround the lodge. For information on the steps we are taking to protect the health and safety of our guests and employees, please visit our COVID-19 Update Page.
- Thirteen en suite bedrooms including:
- Five king suites with en suite bathrooms
- Four king suites with en suite bathrooms, queen sleeping lofts and balconies
- Two queen suites with en suite bathrooms
- One king suite with an en suite bathroom, lofted lounge and private balcony
- One bunkroom with four double beds and a double en suite bathroom
- Geothermal indoor/outdoor pool with swim-up bar
- Sauna and steam room
- Indoor and outdoor hot tubs
- Media room
- Premium spa facility featuring two Isopod flotation tanks and three treatment rooms
- Two helipads
- Billiards, foosball and ping pong table
- Custom-made band loft
- Bar and lounge
- Gym and yoga room