about the property
The Fljót Valley in northern Iceland is a gateway for adventures ranging from mountain biking to sea kayaking. Located on a converted sheep farm, Deplar Farm blends into the natural landscape with its black timber cladding and grass-sodded roof, and the floor-to-ceiling windows around the property that embrace the surrounding peaks.
Iceland’s midnight sun means long summer days and endless opportunity for outdoor activities including prime-time fly fishing, hiking, horseback riding, and more. We, at Eleven Experience, have access to some of the most exclusive rivers in Iceland. The Fljótaá, a world-class Atlantic salmon and Arctic char river, is in our backyard.
Further away, we have two cabins along our eight-mile stretch of the two-rod Hölkna River so guests can overnight steps from the fishery. Back at the lodge, many guests choose to spend entire days in our spa, hopping from the geothermal-heated outdoor pool to the hot tub.
In Iceland, sheep outnumber humans by more than 2:1. Although this is true, this does not suppress the importance we put on the health and safety of our guests and employees. Deplar Farm is intimate in size and freestanding by design and is designed to get our guests out to explore the abundant and breathtaking landscapes that surround the lodge. For information on the steps we are taking to protect the health and safety of our guests and employees, please visit our COVID-19 Update Page.
- Thirteen en suite bedrooms including:
- Five king suites with en suite bathrooms
- Four king suites with en suite bathrooms, queen sleeping lofts and balconies
- Two queen suites with en suite bathrooms
- One king suite with an en suite bathroom, lofted lounge and private balcony
- One bunkroom with four double beds and a double en suite bathroom
- Geothermal indoor/outdoor pool with swim-up bar
- Sauna and steam room
- Indoor and outdoor hot tubs
- Media room
- Premium spa facility featuring two Isopod flotation tanks and three treatment rooms
- Two helipads
- Billiards, foosball and ping pong table
- Custom-made band loft
- Bar and lounge
- Gym and yoga room
You’re on vacation, you want to enjoy your time with friends and family and not worry about pulling out your credit card throughout your stay. To enable you to better enjoy your stay, our pricing includes the cost of these activities and other inclusions.
When comparing our pricing, please note that the nightly rate for this stay factors in these inclusions in additional value over the cost of the room.
- Guided adventures with our in-house or third party guide team including:
- Fly fishing for Atlantic salmon and Arctic char on permitted Icelandic rivers
- Whitewater rafting
- Drangey tour “Puffin Island”
- Air tours
- Eleven Life wellness services including I-SOPOD tanks
- Private airport transfers
Open for summer June 5, 2021 – October 31, 2021
Starting at $52,070 per night for private lodge buyout based on 26 guests.
USD figures are subject to change. All rates are based in the property’s local currency and currency conversion will take place at the time of sale. For a quote at today’s exchange rate, please contact our Sales Team.