About the property
It doesn’t get more off-the-grid than the Fljót Valley on the mountainous Troll Peninsula in northern Iceland. This remote area sees some of the highest average snowfall on the planet, making it a dream spot for skiers. Located on a converted sheep farm, Deplar Farm blends into the natural landscape with its black timber cladding and living roof, and the floor-to-ceiling windows around the property that embrace the surrounding peaks. With two helipads on property, guests have instant access to rolling descents and steep couloirs that take you all the way to the ocean.
Iceland’s maritime snowpack provides stable conditions ranging from smooth, buttery slopes and corn snow to fresh powder, and the region’s midnight sun makes it possible to carve tracks at 10pm. Unlike many heli operations, there are no down days at Deplar. If conditions don’t cooperate for flight, our guides can take guests cat skiing or on-piste. Don’t worry about sore muscles. Deplar’s geothermal-heated outdoor pool, Isopod flotation tanks, and talented massage therapists relieve any ski fatigue so you’ll never have to miss a ski day.
In Iceland, sheep outnumber humans by more than 2:1. Although this is true, this does not suppress the importance we put on the health and safety of our guests and employees. Deplar Farm is intimate in size and freestanding by design and is designed to get our guests out to explore the abundant and breathtaking landscapes that surround the lodge. For information on the steps we are taking to protect the health and safety of our guests and employees, please visit our COVID-19 Update Page.
- Thirteen en suite bedrooms including:
- Five king suites with en suite bathrooms
- Four king suites with en suite bathrooms, queen sleeping lofts and balconies
- Two queen suites with en suite bathrooms
- One king suite with an en suite bathroom, lofted lounge and private balcony
- One bunkroom with four double beds and a double en suite bathroom
- Geothermal indoor/outdoor pool with swim-up bar
- Sauna and steam room
- Indoor and outdoor hot tubs
- Media room
- Premium spa facility featuring two Isopod flotation tanks and three treatment rooms
- Two helipads
- Billiards, foosball and ping pong table
- Custom-made band loft
- Bar and lounge
- Gym and yoga room